Any entity believing it has a patent essential to the normative part of Via’s W-CDMA, LTE and/or 5G wireless program specifications is invited to submit a patent for essentiality review. Outlined below is a brief overview of Via’s Submission and Evaluation processes for interested entities.
To submit a patent for evaluation:
- Contact Via Licensing at email@example.com, indicating an interest in submitting a wireless patent for essentiality evaluation.
- Request a Patent Evaluation Submission Agreement (PESA) from Via.
- The PESA is an agreement that allows the Potential Licensor to submit a patent for evaluation. The PESA also outlines the complete terms and conditions, including pricing, for the patent evaluation process
- Review and send Via the signed PESA.
- Upload the patent submission files to the Via Licensing Secure File Transfer System.
- Via will process the submission and forward to the independent evaluator for review. An invoice for the evaluation services will be issued upon receipt of the patent submissions files.
- Once the patent(s) has completed evaluation, the Patent Evaluator will directly notify Via and the Patent Submitter of the results.
The Patent Submitter will declare which standard(s) of the Wireless Standards (WCDMA, LTE, 5G) are to be used for the evaluation of the submitted patent(s). The Patent Evaluator will examine the submitted patent(s) and determine essentiality to the declared standard(s) of the Wireless Standards that is included in the Via Wireless Programs technical specifications.
A patent is considered essential when it is found by the Patent Evaluator to contain at least one independent claim that is necessarily infringed by the practice of the declared standard(s) of the Wireless Standards. The essentiality result is determined by the evaluator with reference to the scope of the products licensed by the Wireless Licensing Programs.
To view the wireless programs representative specifications, please refer to the following:
REQUEST FURTHER INFORMATION
Parties interested in discussing the opportunity to participate as a licensor in Via’s wireless patent licensing programs can contact Via’s Wireless Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.